Frugality is one of the most beautiful and joyful words in the English language, and yet one that we are culturally cut off from understanding and enjoying. The consumption society has made us feel that happiness lies in having things, and has failed to teach us the happiness of not having things.
They say April showers will be May flowers–I hope that it’s true! I can’t wait to see flowers again!
This month you may want to grab your camera and capture photos of:
- 1. children playing in the rain
- 2. children splashing in puddles (maybe you will join in!)
- 3. umbrellas and rainboots
- 4. Easter lillies
- 5. Easter eggs
- 6. new buds on trees
- 7. rainbows
- 8. the family in their Sunday best
- 9. the first spring flowers
- 10. reflections in puddles
Good humor is a tonic for mind and body. It is the best antidote for anxiety and depression. It is a business asset. It attracts and keep friends. It lightens human burdens. It is the direct route to serenity and contentment.
– Greenville Kleisser