By Heather R.
This class will show you how I altered a binder to hold my acrylic stamps.
The first thing you need is an old binder.
I cut off the vinyl cover with an exacto knife which gave me three pieces of chipboard, one with the rings still attached.
The first step is do tape the pieces of chipboard together. I used a technique I learned in a Donna Downey class. She uses masking tape all the time. You have to be careful to leave enough space between the pieces so they will be able to bend enough to close. I used little pieces of tape first to get the spacing right.
Once you have all binder taped back together, it’s time to add the paper to the spine. I used a piece that was 12 x 6. my spine was 2″ wide so that gave me 2″ on the front and back. I used my metal ruler to fold the paper before I added it for a nice edge. Looked like an american crafts modern binder when I finished covering it.
Next I added the green papers using lots of modpodge.
I trimmed off the extra paper from the edges using my trusty exacto and finally added some pieces of patterned paper as embellishment. I applied them with mod podge as well.
Then I added some stickers to spell “stamps”. All done!
On the inside I used regular page protectors for large sets of stamps and the baseball card sized protectors for smaller individual stamps.
I’m glad I did this project. I keep remembering stamps I have stored in different places. The only thing I would do differently is to use gluestick on the parts where there is tape. The mod podge doesn’t stick to the tape and I think the gluestick does. I hope you like this project and please post yours if you make one or if it inspires you to make something else!