Trendwatch: Scallop Flowers
by Nicole Drewniak
You’ve seen them everywhere: those adorable little scallop flowers that you were convinced could only be had if you had the right punch. Well, fret no longer! Here is how you can have the same look with supplies you have at home.
You will need:
2 sizes of circle punches
some scrap paper
1. Begin by punching 2 sizes of circles out of your scrap paper. I used a 1 ½ inch punch and a ¾ inch punch. You will only need 1 circle from the larger punch and several of the smaller (the amount will depend on the sizes you are using).
2. Turn the large circle over and using your adhesive, begin attaching your smaller circles. You may need them to overlap a bit to get the right look. Again, this will depend a bit on the sizes you are using.
3. Your flower should now look like this:
4. Add some special touches to your flower (I did some faux stitching using a paper piercer and a marker).
5. Now your flower is ready to use on a card or layout! Enjoy!