Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.
I wish I had so many pencils! But I wish I could use them artistically even more! LOL I thought this was a great “green” way to recycle and repurpose and couldn’t wait to share it with you. See it at Recyclart. :0)
In old age we are like a batch of letters that someone has sent. We are no longer in the past, we have arrived.
It’s been ages since I’ve seen a shaker card or anything else but I always think they’re so neat! They take a bit more work but they always look original. Be sure to visit Glue Arts to see how they’re made. :0)
With enough courage, you can do without a reputation.
–Rhett Butler in Gone with the Wind
These clipboards are too gorgeous, in my opinion. They just make me want to smile. Don’t you? Check out the GCD Studio blog to see how to make one of your very own. Enjoy!
Who doesn’t love the sales that come at this time of year? :0) I know I do! This week, until Friday Jan. 14th, save 30% on embellishments! Head on over to the store and prepare yourselves so that when the photos you just sent off for developing arrive, you’ll be ready.
Scrapbooker’s Club House Store
“We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day.”
–Edith Lovejoy Pierce
Cheeky Magpie shares a tutorial on how to make these beautiful ribbon flowers. Aren’t they darling? I love the vintage look she gives these but, really, you could tweak these to whatever suits your personal style. :0)
Happy New Year!
This year we are going to kick things off with a new feature: Photo Op Monday’s. That means, on the first Monday of each month, we are going to give you a bunch of photo ideas that you can use on your scrapbook pages.
Let’s get started!
This month you may want to capture shots of:
- 1. icicles sparkling as they hang from rooftops
- 2. clear, blue skies reflecting light on clean snow
- 3. firewood piled high, ready to warm your home
- 4. a snowman
- 5. snowballs ready to be launched by young hands
- 6. driveways and walkways being shovelled as the day begins
- 7. ice skating
- 8. fluffy bed covered in snuggly quilts and comforters
- 9. snow boots in a row by the door
- 10. warm toes inside cozy slippers
- 11. kids sledding down the snowy hills
- 12. mittens, scarves, and hats that match
- 13. fresh tracks or footprints in the snow
- 14. smoke drifting from every chimney on the street
- 15. snowboots by the back door
- 16. rosy cheeks of those who have been playing outside
- 17. a snowfort or igloo
- 18. ice fishing